Becoming a Salsero

Learning to dance Salsa !

About me

I remember the first time I saw a salsa performance. The dance was mesmerizing and I decided that becoming a Salsero would be my new goal.

Just getting started took a lot longer than planned but I still haven't regretted a single moment of learning to dance salsa. Why don't you join me and become a salsero / salsera as well?.

About this site

This is where I share my experiences and thoughts on dancing salsa.

If you have any questions or remarks please leave a comment or send an email to becomingasalsero@gmail.com.

Additional ways to contact me can be found on my contact page.

Are you too old to be dancing salsa?

I still regularly hear people say 'I would love to have learned to dance salsa but I'm too old'.

At that time I usually try to explain that age is irrelevant. After all, I didn't really start dancing until about a year ago and most people that bring up the 'too old' argument are about the same age I am.

Often though they are so stuck in their believes that it doesn't matter what I say. They'll reply with things like 'but you used to do martial arts' (never mind that I stopped doing that more than 10 years ago) and 'but you already learned to dance as a kid (never mind that I stopped ballroom dancing when I was just in my teens).

Going forward though I won't say a thing anymore. Instead I'll just send them this clip:



After watching that, who could possibly say 'but I'm too old'?

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent