Becoming a Salsero

Learning to dance Salsa !

About me

I remember the first time I saw a salsa performance. The dance was mesmerizing and I decided that becoming a Salsero would be my new goal.

Just getting started took a lot longer than planned but I still haven't regretted a single moment of learning to dance salsa. Why don't you join me and become a salsero / salsera as well?.

About this site

This is where I share my experiences and thoughts on dancing salsa.

If you have any questions or remarks please leave a comment or send an email to becomingasalsero@gmail.com.

Additional ways to contact me can be found on my contact page.

It's been ages

I know, I haven't updated in ages.

Somehow it just didn't happen. I started writing a post on the Luxembourg Salsa congress... about 6 times !
Not sure why but it still doesn't come out right so for now I'll probably just leave it. I considered having a go again this weekend after watching the videos that I made there but then, I'm doing the Magic 7 workshop again today (yeah, I need an extra round to get it down) so I might just take a hot bath and go to bed early instead :)

Yesterday's beginner's class was done by Robbert (sp?). It the first time he taught a class and I was simply amazed! He went a bit slower than I'm used to for a first class. All we did was the mambo and rumba step but, I loved it. He explained everything right and was really clear about how to lead it.
This is something that always annoys me. You'll learn new moves but nobody explains you how you're supposed to lead them. Sure, most of the time I can figure it out but in all fairness, if I didn't have a background (however ancient) in ballroom dancing it would have been a lot harder.
I thought it was great that he spent more time on this than I have ever seen in a class before.

Unfortunately though, it was not the first time I took the first class of a beginner's course so obviously I'm biased. I have no idea what the others thought and I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.

Hasta luego!

Ps. Yes, I'm taking the beginner's class again. I don't think it's possible to spend too much time on the basics. However, I'm also taken the higher level classes.
Let's see if it helps

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent