Becoming a Salsero

Learning to dance Salsa !

About me

I remember the first time I saw a salsa performance. The dance was mesmerizing and I decided that becoming a Salsero would be my new goal.

Just getting started took a lot longer than planned but I still haven't regretted a single moment of learning to dance salsa. Why don't you join me and become a salsero / salsera as well?.

About this site

This is where I share my experiences and thoughts on dancing salsa.

If you have any questions or remarks please leave a comment or send an email to becomingasalsero@gmail.com.

Additional ways to contact me can be found on my contact page.

Salsa-Brava intermediate weekend workshop

A couple of weeks ago I did an intermediate weekend workshop (2*3 hours) with Salsa-Brava, also in Trier.

I loved it!
It was just a small group (6 people) so we received a lot of personal attention. Mistakes, even small ones, got noticed sooner which makes it a lot easer to fix them before they become ingrained.

The moves we learned seemed to be easier to integrate into social dancing than the figures we learned at Salsa Life so I'm now considering taking classes at both to help me get more comfortable with social dancing.
I'm sure that everything that I learn at Salsa Life is perfectly danceable in social dancing as well. It's just that I am not completely confident with it. Although I am improving relatively rapidly (at least compared to the last zillion years ;)) and am getting over my dance floor fear. I'm not quite there yet and anything that helps me get there sooner seems worth it.
Not only that but it'll be nice to meet some more people as well :-)

Paolo's new classes start Wednesday so unless work interferes I'll be there.
It should be good fun.

Adios amigos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent